Fire Island

 


    This summer I took 2 three day trips to Fire Island to visit my friend at her beach house. The first time I visited was in July when I was the only one who went to visit. 
    It was a 2-hour car ride to get to the ferries. From there I had to go on the ferry alone to get to Fire Island. The ferry ride was about 30 minutes. On the first day there I got settled in and then I went to the beach. The waves were huge and there was a shark warning that day. After we went to the beach we went home for a bit and then we went into town. The town is really small, with only a couple of small shops and a couple of small restaurants. The next day we went to the bay in the morning and went paddle boarding. After that, we went to the beach, and that day there were two shark warnings. On my last day there, we went to the beach in the morning, and then I got back on the ferry and went home.
    The next time I went to Fire Island was at the end of August. This time, I wasn't going there alone because my other friend was coming there with me. On our first day there we went to the beach and went into town. That night we watched a bunch of movies. On our second day we went to the beach again, but only for a little bit, and then we went bike riding to a town over and got ice cream. On our last day, we stayed in mostly since it was raining, but we had loads of fun spending time with one another.
    That was what my vacation at Fire Island was like both times. 

Comments