Horse Back Riding

 



    About one week ago I went horseback riding and it was definitely something I would love to do again!  First I had a 30-minute class so I could learn to handle the horse. They first made us stand by our horses and pet them just so we and the horse could get conformable. Then once we got on the horse we did easy things like different patterns. Then we went for a 1-hour trail ride. It was very fun! We rode through a forest and made a lot of twists and turns. I wasn't the only one there though, there was a girl that was a year older than me and her mom there too, and we talked and got along really well. I think one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was when we got to pass through this very grassy area with no trees and we saw the sun setting. It was a super pretty sight, and I would love to see it again. there were not just horses there though, there were donkeys, mules, chickens, poneys, oh, and a bunch more horses. Oh, and did I mention that there was a dog park? I saw a bunch of different dogs, and they were so cute! The place I went to was in New Jersey, so the ride was a little long, but I definitely enjoyed it. I was very nervous up first because originally my friend was supposed to come with me, but she ended up not being able to go, so I was very nervous up first. Then once I got there I realized how easy it was. The teachers and workers there were super nice, friendly, and patient, and if I had to rate the whole thing one out of ten, it would probably be a hundred! I definitely want to start taking lessons there in the spring or summer when the weather starts to warm up a little bit because I already know it is going to be very fun. 

Comments