Hamster

 


     I got a pet hamster September 5th, 2022, and I'm so happy about it. I got a hamster first when I was about 7 years old but looking back on it I didn't really give it the care a hamster really needs, and I honetly felt guilty. Also because of the influence of a bunch of cute hamster videos and pictures I decided to go beg my mom to get me a hamster and she said okay, but I needed to clean out the cage and that it was my responsibilty, which I was completely okay with. 
    We got all the supplies required. I do sill have to admit that my hamster care still isn't 100% the best, but it was over all really expensive, and I was on a budget after all. Hamster need around 25 cm to 30 cm of bedding. I have around 15 cm of bedding right now, but hopfully in the future, I can get a cage that is hopefully taller so I will be able to put the correct amount of bedding that any hamster needs. 
    I got my hanster from PetSmart. She is a Russian Cammpell Dwarf hamster. She is rally skittish and loves running on her wheel. orf course she sleeps a lot during the day because of the fact that hamster are nocturnal, but she wakes up around 4:00 PM to get her snack. Then she goes back to sleep and wakes up again. 
    She does the normal thing smost hamsters do, create nests, burrows, eating, drinking, and sleeping.
    Over all, I really like her. She hasn't bitten me or anything like that, I'm even able to carry her out of her age once and a while. She loves to explore, and she is super cute! She kinda looks like a mini bear to me.
    I got most of the supplies for her hamster cage online from a brand called NiteAngel, which is a brand dedicated specifically to small animals like hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, birds, and some reptiles like lizards. The have a wide range of things you could pick from, like cages, hamster toys/chews, sprays, wheels, food dishes, water bowls, and different typesw of substrates like cocoa pete and aspen shavings. Everything a hamster could possibly need. 

Comments